Thursday 7 May 2009

The shut down of hotandvintage.com

I created www.hotandvintage.com for me and my wife, in a hope to draw her away from the mad house that has become ebay and what I could see it becoming, which turned out to be warranted in this case.

The problem is, as with the old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" she struggled to see beyond the short term answer of ebay, as are a lot of sellers still hanging onto ebay are fighting to stay on ebay.
And although the customers were building and the sales were starting to flow regularly I think I agreed that we both preferred the auction format.

I am still looking at ways to increase sales off ebay, but now it will have to be through using the alternatives, as I can only see ebay getting worse and the more sellers stay on there the more damaging it will be to the auction used vintage market.

We are still trading to a small extent here and there but nothing major, as at the moment it feels like ebay is going to get their way, and the auctions will eventually be faded out, but not fast enough to let any competition get a hold on the market. So it is a case of just waiting until the small profit that is left on their is gone and we give up, as I am just so tired of the animals, that are the new ebay buyers, and the ebay mess that is allowing it to get like this.
The market is made for BIN sellers and unless you are willing to step into that method, it, in my opinion, is time to search out an alternative method of making a living.

As to our website customers, sorry for the inconvenience and I hope we see you soon on the alternatives.

No comments: