Monday 14 June 2010

So time for Auction selling hell

If you are not loosing your customers to the World Cup 2010, then the Big Brother show could swallow them up, so when to end your listings is a nightmare for the auction sellers.
On the upside you can always rely on your team or in my case the England teams dismal display to depress people enough to maybe want to do some shopping therapy to cheer themselves up. Not that I want England to do badly but being a Newcastle united and England fan does sort of get you used to football failure after all those years of hurt. This video captures the emotion of being an England fan perfectly

 

But every chance we get we willingly sit through the misery, as the alternative shown on the video is even worse.
Yes I have been watching the games even though I ended up missing most of the England match, and what I did see was very disappointing. Normally I would look at the other games and think there is no one there to be frightened of. But with the England performance I did see, there was no one there I could be sure we would beat. Maybe I am wrong and I hope I am but England just got held to a draw by a team they should have walked over.

We can't even blame it on the vuvuzela or what ever they are called. God those things are annoying and I am sure most of us have a suggestion of where they can shove them, rather than making that annoying noise.
The new damned world cup ball on the other hand, we like other teams could be blaming, as so far the only team that has had any success, has been the Germans, who have somehow been using  the same ball for the past six months. Why they can't all agree to use one ball as standard across the world so we don't have this same ball change every World Cup. Yes I know we used to play with anything that was round or otherwise in a lot of cases, as children but these or superstitious primadonnas that think it is unlucky to step out of the dressing room on the wrong foot. So they don't handle change well. FIFA sort the bloody thing out, it can't be that hard. Just look at the goal drought of this world cup and the dire grade of football we are getting.

The Big Brother part of the problem, I don't even know if anyone is watching it at the moment, but it does have a tendency to sneak up on the viewers and suddenly they are watching it religiously, every bloody night.

I have been looking at the schedules for both the World Cup and Big brother, and there is the occasional thirty minute window but soon we will have the dreaded Penalty Shootouts, which knock any timing of it all to hell, and then your item goes out for the asking price. Probably to some heathen seller that does not like Football (and that is proper football to our American cousins, which you play with your foot.You call it soccer. Just in case you missed the fact you have a team playing in Africa playing in a world cup tournament.)

I suppose now is as good a time as any to add more to ebid.net, as you really will kick yourself later if you see your hard fought for items appearing on some sellers ebay store in a few days or weeks.
If you have not tried out ebid.net then give it a try and enjoy the sudden drop of fees to minimal or even zero if you like. Check out the ebid.net fee structure here.

And now who is playing tomorrow that I can scream at through the television?

No comments: